March is National Reading Month! Why not treat yourself, or someone you know, to a book to help get through the trenches and celebrate the joys of parenthood.
Today we’re highlighting a few of our favorites from the Best Books for Parenting Shopping Guide. If it has been a few years since you’ve bought a book for an expecting (or experienced!) parent, you’ll be amazed by some of the awesome new options being published.
Top Books for Parenting
The following are five of our favorite books for parenting.
- Librarian’s Choice – #IMomSoHard isn’t exactly a parenting advice book, but it is perfect for parents who just want to laugh with someone who understands where they’re coming from. The authors are relatable, funny, and charming. Chances are, they’ve experienced some of the same parenting pitfalls that you have. For more excellent parenting book suggestions, stop by your local library!
- Fan Favorite – We polled our readers and Oh Crap! Potty Training received the most votes. This book was recommended to me by a friend and I dove right in, sold by the promise of “everything modern parents need to know to do it once and do it right.” While no parenting book is perfect, this one was a quick read and had a lot of clear advice.
- Scottsdale Moms Blog Writers’ Favorite – We polled our writers and The Happiest Baby on the Block received the most votes. The cover promises to offer new ways to calm crying and help babies sleep longer… What parent doesn’t want a happy, well rested baby?!
- Best Themed Gift Idea – The Pregnancy Journal makes for a great gift for an expecting family. It gives daily tips or facts about the baby’s growth, as well as provides a manageable space to write your thoughts. Without this, I wouldn’t have made time to keep a pregnancy journal. This made it easy and enjoyable. Combine this book with a gift card to the expecting couple’s favorite restaurant for a pre-baby date night gift!
- Best Book Under $10 – The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living isn’t a parenting book in the traditional sense. However, it will change the way you think about your home and the happiness it creates. The book is a quick read with lots of illustrations. It’s a great reference when the days start to feel busy and chaotic! (Amazon prices may vary by the minute.)
If you’re looking for more book ideas, check out our other Book Shopping Guides. We even have the lists broken down by ages.
Are we missing one of your favorites? Leave a comment so we can keep our list updated with the best options!
Check It Out!
Whether you’re on a spending-freeze or you’ve taken minimalism to the next level, there are many reasons people don’t want to purchase books. Luckily, Scottsdale is home to multiple FREE public libraries!
The only thing that you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.
If it’s been a few years since you visited, it’s time to make the trip. The library is full of thousands (maybe even millions?) of books, books on CD, magazines, movies, digital content, and so much more. There are constantly free events geared toward people of all ages, from babies to seniors. The youth areas are equipped with educational toys, games, and computers for kids to explore. Plus, if you’re looking for a place to beat the heat this summer, there’s really no better place than the adventures you can find while visiting your local library.
Note: Once you click on a Shopping Guide link, it opens to a page with a few of our favorite products, recommended by our writers and readers! When you click the images on the Guides they’ll redirect you to Amazon using an affiliate link. If you make a purchase after clicking our link, it doesn’t charge you any extra money, but it does send a little commission to SMB as a thank you for referring traffic. This helps us bring you more great content for FREE!