I call this green chicken chili recipe “weeknight” chili, because it’s one of my simplest go-to recipes for busy days! With just 5 basic ingredients and almost no prep-work, you don’t need to be a master chef to nail this one on the first try.
- 1 medium onion (white or yellow), peeled and diced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) Las Palmas brand green chili enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained
- 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (can also use a rotisserie chicken)
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In a large stockpot, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and diced onion. Cook until onion is translucent, 3-5 minutes or so.
- Add sauce, beans, corn, and shredded chicken. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with toppings and serve with cornbread or tortilla chips. Enjoy!