Everyone loves a good spring cleaning session. There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction that comes with gazing upon a clean and organized closet or garage! But with all the spring cleaning that goes on this time of year, it’s easy to forget to spring clean your beauty routine. Here is a clean beauty roundup to help you get started.
Why is it so important to spring clean your beauty routine?
Did you know that we absorb up to 64% of what we put on our skin? That’s because our skin is our largest organ, and it is incredibly porous. Many traditional skincare and beauty products are filled with ingredients that have been found to be harmful and toxic, including parabens, sulfates, PEGs, and formaldehyde. When our beauty products contain these ingredients, we absorb them into our bodies. That’s why it’s so important to start swapping out your old products for new “cleaner” ones.
You don’t have to break the bank to add clean beauty products into your routine.
Of course, some clean beauty products are expensive. But many are very reasonably priced. You don’t have to break the bank to add clean beauty products into your routine, and you don’t have replace all your products at the same time. Consider swapping out just a few at a time, starting with the products you run out of first. Here are some of my favorite clean beauty products that hit all different price points.
(If you still feel overwhelmed, stop by Citrine Natural Beauty Bar at the Biltmore Fashion Park. This local business specializes in natural and clean skin and beauty products. Plus they’ll treat you to a mini facial in the store and even let you take home samples!)
Clean Beauty Roundup:
- Acure Brilliantly Brightening Facial Scrub – $10
- Derma-E Purifying Gel Cleanser – $15.50
- Osmia Organics Pumpkin Facial Soup – $24
- Splurge: Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser – $66
- Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer – $30
- Osmia Purely Simple Face Cream – $60
- Splurge: May Lindstrom Blue Coccoon – $180
- Face Wipes – Ursa Major Essential Face Wipes – $24
- Toner – Thayer’s Witch Hazel with Rose Petal – $7
- Face Oil – Innersense Harmonic Healing Oil – $24
- Lip Balm – Osmia Organics Lip Doctor – $12
- Makeup Remover – Derma-E Makeup Remover – $12.75
- Shampoo/Conditioner – Innersense – average $26