At our recent Bloom event, Jacqueline walked us through a wonderful discussion on why reading to our children is so important! Reading books together connects parents and children through adventure and shared experiences. Setting aside a little time every night is a gift to our children that will develop our relationship with them in a very special way.
Books also give us the opportunity to show our children all Five Languages of Love in a special way.
- physical touch – snuggling when you read together
- quality time – time focused on just your child
- words of affirmation – encouragement as you spend time together and as they lean to read
- acts of service – showing them the importance of doing things for others
- gift – the gift of literacy