Happy New Year! We’re so excited to share our events for 2011 and to keep you up-to-date about events, activities and opportunities to experience the best in the Valley. Thank you for your ongoing support and for spreading the word about Mom Index.
Below are Mom Index’s January 2011 Phoenix Area activity and event recommendations:
- Story Time at giggle Scottsdale Quarter: Every Tuesday at 4pm & Wednesday at 11am. Kids also receive a free balloon when visiting giggle! giggle Scottsdale Quarter 15147 North Scottsdale Rd. #H-170, Scottsdale, AZ 85254, 480-922-4928
- ZooLights 2010 – 2011: If the holidays were too busy for your family, you still have time experience ZooLights! 6pm-10pm nightly through January 9, 2011. $10 ($8 Zoo members) Sunday – Thursday, $12 ($10 Zoo members) “Any Night” tickets, Ticket can be used any night of ZooLights. Fry’s Food Store discount: $11 “Any Night” tickets, tickets are good for any night of ZooLights, 7 nights a week. Member tickets are not available at Fry’s. Kids 2 years and younger are free. 455 North Galvin Parkway Phoenix, AZ 85008.
- First Friday at the Phoenix Art Museum: January 7, 2011 6pm-10pm. The Phoenix Art Museum offers free general admission on the first Friday of each month 6pm-10pm as part of First Fridays, a program initiated by Artlink Phoenix. First Friday participants have access to all of the Museum’s galleries, special exhibitions and collections. Phoenix Art Museum 1625 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85004-1685, (602) 257-1222.
- Glendale Glitter & Glow Block Party: January 8, 2011 4pm-10pm – Free admission & parking. 1.5 million lights, hot air balloons and live bands on city streets. Murphy Park in Historic Downtown Glendale – 58th Ave and Glendale.
- Sunday A’Fair at Scottsdale Civic Center Mall: Free Admission – Select Sundays, 12pm–4:00 p.m. January – April 3, 2011. This event is a mini-festival that takes place on the grounds of the Scottsdale Civic Center Mall, adjacent to the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. Concerts and performances by the Valley’s top entertainers, arts and crafts available for sale, hands-on activities for children and families and free docent-guided tours of the sculptures on the mall. Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts 7380 East Second Street in downtown Scottsdale.
- Microsoft Store Fun Fridays: Fridays at 10:30am at the Microsoft Store at Scottsdale Fashion Square 7014 E Camelback Road Suite#1288 Scottsdale, AZ 85251, (480) 308-0800. Children ages 1-6 interact with energetic staff and celebrate different themes each week with a lively combination of hand motion songs, sing-alongs, dancing, story time and games.
- Lakeshore Learning Free Crafts for Kids: 11am-3pm Every Saturday for children Ages 3 and up. Paradise Valley 4727 E. Bell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85032 602-482-7900 or Phoenix Ahwatukee Foothills Towne Center 4819 E. Ray Road, Phoenix, AZ 85044 480-940-7700.
- Thursdays on Mill: 5pm-10pm – Thursday evenings September through June. Mill Avenue in Tempe, AZ. Live music, market, and movies. Singer/songwriters perform free of charge to passersby as part of Music on Mill. At the end of Mill at 7th Street, is Thursday Night Market, a community based market that has vendors selling arts, food, crafts, and jewelry. Also, check out MADCAP Theaters for movie showings, poetry slams, and classes about sustainability.
- Go, Dog. Go! at Childsplay: Saturdays & Sundays January 29 – March 6, 2011 1pm & 4pm (ages 3+). Musical adaptation by playwrights Steven Dietz and Allison Gregory, with music by Michael Koerner. Exuberant, high octane musical world of doggy fun. Tempe Center for the Arts 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway Tempe, Arizona 85281, 480-350-2822
- Family Fun for Everyone at Cabela’s: 6-9pm Every Monday Night. Every Monday night you and your family will be treated to VIP specials including tokens to use in the shooting gallery, live fish feeding at 7, kid’s archery instruction in indoor range, scavenger games, and free fudge tasting in the General Store. Check in at the Greeter’s desk. Cabela’s 9380 W. Glendale Ave. Glendale, AZ 85305, (623)872-6700.
Join Mom Index- It’s Free! and become part of our online community. In addition to offering a great events calendar, Mom Index keeps you informed about everything related to living and raising kids in the Valley of the Sun. Visit our sites including our Facebook page for tips, articles, recipes, classifieds, freebies and more. If you have a Twitter account, follow us @momindex and Allison @allison_small today!
Allison Small is the founder and owner of Mom Index, the online/”green” resource for living & raising kids in the Valley of the Sun. As a mother of three children ages 3, 6 & 8, she is passionate about sharing everything she has learned about motherhood and raising children in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. Since launching Mom Index in February 2010, Allison has added a personal blog and continues to support our local communities and to provide everyday parenting solutions in an eco-friendly, practical and fun environment. To contact Allison, email [email protected] or call 480-277-4761.