The temperature consistently hit the 100s before the end of April this year. Usually, that would be met with lots of trips to the splash pad or neighborhood pool. But with most of the state still shut down due to the pandemic, what is there to do to amp up the summer spirit and tolerate the heat when you don’t have a pool at home?
Here are some super fun summer ideas when you don’t have a pool at home (or even if you do!):
- Little Tikes Fish ‘n Splash Water Table – Little Tikes never disappoints with the durability of their products. My daughter loved her LT water table until she outgrew it. This particular water table has endless opportunities for creative play, scooping, dumping, splashing, and so much more!
- Little Tikes Fountain Factory Water Table – This water table takes fun to the next level with hands on exploration and STEM discovery. Your child will love the interchangeable parts for open-ended play.
- Sand and Water Fine Motor Tool Set – Whether you’re looking for something to add on to your water table, pool, or even the bathtub, this set of fine motor tools is fun for toddlers and older kids alike!
- Melissa & Doug Splash Sprinkler – When I think back on my midwestern childhood, I remember humid summer nights, lightening bugs, and running through the sprinkler to cool off. This is a cute take on that classic childhood tradition.
- Unicorn Sprinkler – If you’re looking to surprise a unicorn-fan, there’s nothing more joyful than this four foot tall unicorn sprinkler.
- 3-in-1 Splash Pad Sprinkler – It can be difficult to come up with summer ideas when you don’t have a pool in Arizona. Here’s a great option if your little one is missing out on their splash pad time.
- Aqua Maze Water Marble Run – Marble runs are one of the most creative and engaging engineering toys on the market. This version comes with almost 100 building pieces – including water wheels, spraying spinners, and spouts! It even has floating marbles.
- Snapset Swimming Pool – If you’ve been thinking about buying a kiddie pool, but dread inflating it, this Snapset option may be just what you’re looking for.
- Inflatable Pool – Arizona summers are usually filled with long days at the pool. This inflatable pool is a great option when you don’t want to leave your backyard.
- Pool Bean Bag Toss – Depending on the size of your temporary backyard pool, this bean bag toss may be just the change in routine your family needs.
- Buckets of Fun Backyard Waterpark – Your children can have endless fun with this 6-in-1 DIY water play area.
- Trampoline Sprinkler Hose – If your kids love bouncing on the trampoline, this could be the perfect warm weather addition.
- Misting Fan – If you don’t already own one of these, you’re missing out. Portable misting fans are a lifesaver all year in Arizona!
- Fruitsicle Frozen Pop Trays – These one ounce popsicles are perfect for toddlers, and not too messy either! The options are endless when you use your creativity and create your own flavored popsicles. Check out google for some inspiration if you aren’t sure where to begin.
Coming up with fun summer ideas when you don’t have a pool can be difficult in Arizona. Once it gets over 110, it can be difficult to leave the house, even when a pool is involved. Here are some great indoor energy buster ideas, too.
What’s your family’s favorite way to beat the heat?
Note: Once you click on a product, it’ll redirect you to Amazon using an affiliate link. If you make a purchase after clicking our link, it doesn’t charge you any extra money, but it does send a little commission to SMB as a thank you for referring traffic. This helps us bring you more great content for FREE!