March is National Reading Month! If you’re finding yourself dreading bedtime, it may be time to change up the routine. There’s nothing sweeter than a calming bedtime story to help your children drift off to a peaceful sleep.
Today we’re highlighting a few of our favorites from the Best Books for Bedtime Shopping Guide. If it’s been a few years since you’ve bought a book for bedtime, it’s probably time to add some variety to your bedtime story collection.
Top Books for Bedtime
The following are five of our favorite books for bedtime.
- Librarian’s Choice – Little Owl’s Night is a wonderful story to read to little ones about what happens throughout the night through the perspective of Little Owl. The pictures are charming, the story is nice and calm, and there is a beautiful melodic lilt to the words, perfect for soothing little ones to sleep. For more excellent bedtime story suggestions, stop by your local library!
- Fan Favorite – We polled our readers and Goodnight Moon received the most votes. This classic bedtime story has been loved by generations. Its lulling words and sweet illustrations make it the perfect story to read at bedtime.
- Scottsdale Moms Blog Writers’ Favorite – We polled our writers and Pajama Time! received the most votes. Sandra Boynton doesn’t disappoint with this lovely assortment of characters and her catchy, rhyming pages. We’ll give you a fair warning, after you’ve read this a few times, you’ll probably be reciting it without even realizing what you’re doing!
- Best Themed Gift Idea – Good Night Arizona is part of the Good Night Our World series. This book would be great for anyone living in or visiting Arizona. Create an Arizona themed gift by adding a cactus teether or Squishable plush.
- Best Book Under $10 – If you’re looking for a rhythmic, calming book for your animal-loving child, Big Red Barn is sure to be a hit. This was one of my favorite bedtime stories when I was a child, and a generation later, my daughter enjoys it just as much. (Amazon prices may vary by the minute.)
If you’re looking for more book ideas, check out our other Book Shopping Guides. We even have the lists broken down by ages.
Are we missing one of your favorites? Leave a comment so we can keep our list updated with the best options!
Check It Out!
Whether you’re on a spending-freeze or you’ve taken minimalism to the next level, there are many reasons people don’t want to purchase books. Luckily, Scottsdale is home to multiple FREE public libraries!
The only thing that you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.
If it’s been a few years since you visited, it’s time to make the trip. The library is full of thousands (maybe even millions?) of books, books on CD, magazines, movies, digital content, and so much more. There are constantly free events geared toward people of all ages, from babies to seniors. The youth areas are equipped with educational toys, games, and computers for kids to explore. Plus, if you’re looking for a place to beat the heat this summer, there’s really no better place than the adventures you can find while visiting your local library.
Note: Once you click on a Shopping Guide link, it opens to a page with a few of our favorite products, recommended by our writers and readers! When you click the images on the Guides they’ll redirect you to Amazon using an affiliate link. If you make a purchase after clicking our link, it doesn’t charge you any extra money, but it does send a little commission to SMB as a thank you for referring traffic. This helps us bring you more great content for FREE!