There is not much more quintessential fall than taking your family out to enjoy a day at a pumpkin patch. And lucky for us, Arizona has plenty of these around the state (and right here in our valley) to choose from. Make a day of it and it explore the many corn mazes, horse rides, jump houses, and food while strolling through rows of pumpkins.
What’s your favorite pumpkin patch in Arizona?
Our sponsor Primrose Schools® is a national system of accredited private preschools that provides a premier early education and child care experience for children and families. The teachers and staff partner with parents to help build the right foundation for future learning and in life.
Annual Pumpkin Festival
26540 N. Scottsdale Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- Open September 29th – October 31st
- Hours: 9am-5pm (closed Tuesdays), Halloween hours: 9am-12pm
- Admission: $10 each Mon-Fri, $12 each Sat & Sun, children 23 months and younger are FREE
Our personal favorite, this patch is so conveniently located for the North Valley mamas. Take a train or hayride out to the pumpkin patch to pick your pumpkins and enjoy the petting zoo, pan for gold, explore the hay maze, and tour through the old western town. Blazin’ Barbeque will be serving hot food and cold drinks daily, and specialty vendors, including face painters, are available on the weekends. They are also running a few discount days as well as special pricing for active military, veterans, first responders and educators. Visit the website for details.
Harvest Fest 2017
3901 W. Pioneer Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85086
- Open October 13th – 28th
- Hours: Weekends only, 9am-4 pm
- Admission: $10 adults ($8 if purchased in advance online), $8 kids ($5 if purchased in advance online), children 2 and under are FREE
Harvest Fest is a family friendly experience with quality entertainment for all ages. A pumpkin patch, hay rides, gold panning, BB Gun Range, food and live music is only a hint of what you and your family will enjoy at Harvest Fest 2018! Check the website for a list of activities and upcoming exhibits.
Enchanted Pumpkin Garden
101 Easy St. Carefree AZ 85377
- Open October 19th – 28th
- Hours: 10am-9pm
- Admission is FREE
Stroll the 4 acre Desert Gardens and discover whimsical pumpkin characters keeping time with the Carefree Sundial. The exhibits changed daily with new carved pumpkins. LIVE pumpkin carving featuring world renowned artist Ray Villafane! Photo opportunities with a colossal 400 lb. carved “King of Carefree” pumpkin. Magical activities for both kids and adults plus culinary delights and autumnal refreshments including a craft beer garden! Don’t miss out on the family fun: corn maze, costume contests, pumpkin pie eating contest, arts and crafts and face painting. Visit website for a full list of activities. Trunk or treat event happening on Halloween!
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Pkwy. Anthem, AZ 85086
- Open October 20th – 21st
- Hours: 10am-5pm on Saturday, 10am-4pm on Sunday
- Admission is FREE
Anthem residents and visitors from far and wide come together to celebrate all things fall at Anthem Community Council’s Autumnfest. This family-friendly event celebrates the season with fall-flavored festivities including arts & crafts vendors, carnival rides, pumpkin picking and live entertainment. Event features: pumpkin patch, entertainment, kid’s zone, scaregrow garden and an arts & crafts fair.
Corn Maze and Fall Festival
4011 S. Power Rd. Mesa, AZ 85212
- Open October 1st – November 4th
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm, Friday-Saturday 9am-10pm, Sunday 10am-6pm
- Admission: $10 per person, ages 2 and younger are FREE
With a 7 acre corn maze, duck races, train rides, a petting zoo, giant jump pad, and much more, there is plenty to keep your family entertained. This year they have also added mini golf and weekend mule-pulled wagon rides. Check the website for discount days and specialty days, including Adopt a Pet Day, Home School Day, and Pumpkin Paint and Take Day.
Pumpkin and Chili Party
24610 S. Rittenhouse Rd. Queen Creek, AZ 85142
- Open October 4th – October 28th
- Hours: Every Thursday – Sunday (beginning October 4th); Thursdays 10am-9pm, Fridays & Saturdays 10am-10pm, Sundays 10am-9pm
- Admission: $20 at the gate or $15 at any Fry’s, children 2 and under FREE
Voted by Phoenix Magazine, New Times, Sunset Magazine and numerous others as The Best Fall Family event in the valley, year after year! Although this farm features the highest priced admission, it does offer the most included activities per admission out of any of the pumpkin patches in Arizona. Rides for the kids, a petting zoo, marshmallow roasting, pig races, a zip line, shows, a corn maze, and more will ensure a fun filled day for the whole family! You also can’t forget the amazing food options available! Discounted ticket info available on the website.
Halloween Pumpkin Patch
1663 E. Baseline Rd. Gilbert, AZ 85233
- Open October 1st – October 31st
- Hours: 7 days a week from 9am to 9pm
- Admission: $5 per adult, $10 per child (1 year & older) including a pumpkin!!
Not only is this farm open 7 days a week, but it also has one of the lowest priced admissions and includes a pumpkin with every child’s admission! After decorating their pumpkin, kids can enjoy the air bounce, a hayride, straw bounce, feeding the animals, and Alexander’s Adventure Maze. You are also able to bring in your own picnic lunch if you don’t wish to purchase food. I also love that this is a family owned farm!
Corn Maze & Pumpkin Days
5726 N. 75th Ave. Glendale, AZ. 85303
- Open September 30th – November 5th
- October Hours: Closed on Monday, Tuesday – Thursday 12 noon-8pm, Friday 12 noon-11pm, Saturday 10am-11pm, Sunday 10am-8pm. November Hours: Closed Monday through Wednesday. Thursday – Friday 12 noon-8pm. Saturday 10am-8pm, Sunday: 10am-5pm.
- Admission: Ages 2 and up $12 (visit their website for a $2 off coupon), pumpkins, train rides, food and tomato cannon are an addition cost
This West Valley farm has something for the whole family. With admission including a family & mini maze, petting zoo, play areas, jumping pillow, bounce house (weekends only), and optional train rides, a tomato cannon—how fun is that?!, and food vendors, you are sure to have the perfect fall day.
19601 W. Broadway Rd. Buckeye, AZ 85326
- Open October 6th – October 29th
- Hours: Fridays 11am-8pm, Saturdays 9am-8pm, Sundays 11am-5pm
- Admission: Fridays $9, Weekends $10, kids in diapers are FREE
Another family owned farm just on the out skirts of the west valley. This pumpkin patch also boast a crop maze, sunflower field, hay wagon ride, an educational barn and a kid friendly activity area. Enjoy a day of not only playing in a pumpkin patch, but learn all about farming and agriculture! All the activities are included in admission, pumpkins and concession sold separately.
Mortimer Farms Pumpkin Fest 2017
12907 E. State Rte. 169 Dewey, AZ 86327
- Open September 28th – October 28th
- Hours: Fridays Noon-9pm, Saturdays 9am-9pm, Sundays 9am-6pm, Columbus Day 9am-5pm
- Admission: $15 per person, children 2 & under are FREE (see their website for specialty package pricing)
Want a little getaway that will give you all the fall feels? This patch is for you! Slap on your plaid and head up to Dewey, AZ (only about 1.5 hours from Phoenix). Bonus: you get to pick your pumpkins right off the vine! The 15 acre pumpkin patch, 25 acre corn maze, games, live entertainment, farm activities, and more make this a must visit!
The Great Prescott Pumpkin Patch
Mile High Middle School
- Open October 27th
- Hours: 11am-2pm
- Admission: $5 entry safe candy
Escape the Phoenix heat and head up to Prescott for this ONE DAY event. All proceeds to benefit Boys Scouts of America. There will be various costume contests, as well as scream contests, pumpkin carving contest, carnival games, crafts and food!
Pumpkin Walk and Fall Fest
4001 S. Woody Mountain Rd. Flagstaff, AZ 86005
- Open October 27th
- Hours: 3pm-7pm
- Admission: $8 adults, $5 kids, kids 5 and under are FREE
Walk through the Arboretum fall gardens on trails lit by glowing Jack-o-Lanterns. Celebrate the fall season in your best costume with hayrides, hot cider and cocoa, apple bobbing, great food from Good Times Rolling Kitchen, spooky stories and performances by a campfire. Win prizes for pumpkin entries.
Fall Pumpkin Celebration
6405 W. Williams Rd. Willcox, AZ 85643
- Open September 22nd – October 28th, Weekends Only
- Hours: 7am-5pm in September, 9am-5:30pm in October
- Admission is FREE (bring money for the hayride and corn maze!)
Enjoy old-fashioned family fun picking your own pumpkins and/or fall vegetables at the Farm and apples at the Orchard! Already picked pumpkins also available. Don’t miss out on Arizona’s largest and absolutely amazing corn maze; with 2 levels of difficulty it’s perfect for the entire family! Visit their orchard location for “All-You-Can-Eat” pumpkin and buttermilk pancake breakfast served from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM and delicious homemade pumpkin ice-cream, pumpkin pies, pumpkin bread and homemade cider donuts.
Pumpkin Patch Train
233 N. Grand Canyon Blvd. Williams, AZ 86046
- Open October 6th – October 28th
- Hours: Train runs Saturdays and Sundays, Departures times 11am, 1pm, and 3pm
- Admission: $27 adults, $22 children
If you are looking for a weekend escape The Grand Canyon Railway Pumpkin Patch Train is the perfect option. This is the same company that operates The Polar Express Train Ride out of Williams, AZ – just outside of Flagstaff. The train provides you the perfect excuse to get out of town. With the gorgeous weather, pine trees, the kids wearing their Halloween costumes on the train ride, and the admission including a pumpkin, you can’t go wrong. The train depot also offers a Haunted Train Car, hay bale maze, pumpkin arts and crafts, and fall themed food and drinks for purchase.
Hope you all have a great kick off to fall. Just a hop, skip, and a month until the holidays are here! Did your favorite pumpkin patch make our list?