I turn 29 this month…and although I try not to put too much emphasis on a number…I do feel slightly panicked to be in the last year of my twenties.
To me, being in my twenties feels safe to make mistakes and learn, whereas the idea of being in my thirties makes me feel like I should have it all figured out and be good at adulting. Never mind the fact that I’m a wife, mother, and contributing member of the workforce and society. Also, never mind the fact that OF COURSE you’re allowed to make mistakes in your thirties and beyond.
I’m sure I could write a whole article, heck even a book, into the reasoning behind these feelings, but instead I thought I would make a fun bucket list of 30 Before 30…thirty things I want to accomplish before turning the big 3-0. If you’ve read my previous articles you know that I love things like Vision Boards, Gratitude Journaling, and incorporating Yoga into your lifestyle. So, it’s only natural that I want to parlay this anxiety about age into a fun bucket list of goals!
Some will be big, others will be quirky, a few will be practical, but ALL of them will make my last year in my twenties fun!
Here it is!
- Take a vacation with my hubby, no kids allowed!
- Go see a movie…in an actual movie theater
- Attend a Children’s Yoga Teacher training
- Learn how to cold brew coffee at home
- Find a fantastic anti-aging eye cream (recommendations?!)
- Feed the giraffes with my daughter at the World Wildlife Zoo
- Make a will (I know, I know-I should already have one!)
- Enjoy a spa day with my mom and sister
- Actually go to the dentist twice in 12 months…
- Unplug for a WHOLE weekend
- Eat oysters and drink a fancy cocktail at Buck and Rider
- Curate my “mom style” so finding an outfit every morning is fun!
- Teach 8 Yoga classes a week
- Go to Phoenix Children’s Museum with my daughter
- Learn how to do that cute side braid hairstyle I have pinned on Pinterest
- Only spend $100 on groceries for a whole week’s worth of meals (tips?!)
- Hike Camelback Mountain (something I’ve NEVER done even though I’m an AZ native!)
- Attend a blogging workshop or conference
- Find a signature lipstick color
- Slow dance with my hubby in our kitchen
- Start (and keep!) a weekly chore schedule
- Take a barre3 class
- Host an over-the-top Halloween Party, complete with a costume contest
- Teach 15 babies Yoga from conception to toddlerhood (This one may need some explaining! I teach Prenatal Yoga, and Mommy and Me Yoga. So far, I’ve had 5 moms who practiced Yoga with me while pregnant, come back for Mommy & Me once their babies were born. It’s one of the most rewarding things to experience as an instructor!)
- Become an expert at the “At-Home Mani/Pedi”…tips anyone?!
- Read (and follow) Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover
- Spend a day volunteering as a family
- Finally get some new glasses (maybe from Warby Parker?)
- Redecorate our family room
- Drink a ridiculously expensive bottle of champagne (not all by myself of course…)
What do you think?
Have you made a Bucket List of things you want to accomplish before you hit a milestone decade?
If you have any tips for me on the things I listed-please comment below!