You don’t get it until you do it.
Several times I’ve called my dear friends (who all had kids before me), simply to say, “I’m sorry… I just didn’t know!!!”
Some habits that toddler moms (and I suspect any-stage moms!) might employ to make it through unscathed are…. less than lovely. And the time has come for me to confess a few of mine to you, Dear Reader.
Just please — someone, anyone, tell me that you know what I am talking about…
– I hand my toddler random items while shopping in Target to keep him occupied and happy. Worse? I simply discard said items to the nearest shelf when he bores of them. (I’m sorry, Target employees of America…)
– I have been known to have apple peel, PB&J crusts and a fistful of rejected raisins for “lunch.”
– When Dad is home, I may have once or twice feigned nature’s call to merely sit behind a closed door for a minute. #or10
– Aside from my 20-Minute Cleaning Ritual, I do not believe in accomplishing anything meaningful during nap time. That is sacred ground for ice cream consumption, blog reading and Modern Family viewing. Well…. maybe some Beautycounter work — but that’s not work, it’s fun.
– I am now that bizarre person who rises without difficulty at 6:00 a.m. for the mere pleasure of drinking a whole cup of coffee while it is hot. College-version Rebecca is appalled.
– Once in a rare while, I might put my tiny beloved in the gym’s childcare….. then camp in the cafe, read a book and drinking a smoothie. (It’s cool, it’s cool – the smoothie is green, so it’s basically a workout.)
-My 2-year-old can open my iPhone AND navigate to his ABC game. *Cringe.
– In conjunction with the previous admission, my iPhone has a cracked screen…
– My belief in folding kids’ clothes is faltering.
– The verdict is out on whether I believe in folding my own clothes.
– I once called the dog “Peppa Pig”.
I would never trade this wonderful and blessed job.
What can you dish??? Time to ‘fess up!