This is an updated version of a post I wrote a couple of years ago for Scottsdale Moms Blog. Some information previously written has changed, but the demand from Scottsdale Moms Blog readers looking for birthday party locations has not!
Having little to no clean-up when a dozen or two children are involved in birthdays sounds ideal to me – so here are some ideas for birthday party locations around town!
1) Pump it Up is a multi-room indoor bouncy center that has birthday parties down to a science, since that is all they do. The kids really like it a lot and, as a parent, you have got to love how they tire the kids out to just the right stage of exhaustion.
2) I put Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza together because essentially they are the same thing. My kids just started really wanting to go to both of these places every other day, and I see more and more birthday parties in our future here. Since I grew up with birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese, it’s kind of nostalgic to see my kids wanting to go there now.
3) The Play Factory at Desert Ridge offers the kids a birthday party package that takes care of all of the work for you. With one play area for the little kids and separate areas for the bigger kids, they have a variety of spaces to keep everyone happy.
4) The Little Gym has a fun birthday party package that is perfect for younger kids. You get the whole gym for you and your party guests to enjoy. Their website states that Parents magazine named them the #1 place to host a children’s birthday party.
5) Scottsdale Gymnastics parties are a blast with a ton to do for all different ages. My kids had so much fun at a party there last year. They have trampolines, a zip line, swings, and much more than your typical gymnastics studio.
6) Dave and Busters is especially great for the older kids. They have all the games, good food, and bowling that kids can handle.
7) MacDonald’s Ranch is located on Scottsdale Road about a mile north of Pinnacle Peak Road. The ranch is the perfect setting for a cowboy party. They have pony rides, a petting zoo, and a fun little ranch town to play in.
8) Cracker Jax is a great location for a kid’s birthday party. This is now one of my children’s favorite places to go. With the bumper boats, racing cars, miniature golf, and indoor video games, they just can’t get enough.
9) AZ Air Time Jump Center is a huge indoor trampoline park in Scottsdale that also offers party packages. The kids love it. There is plenty of space for a big group of children and a separate (safe) area for the little ones.
10) My three daughters all love Girly Girlz. I can’t even drive down north Scottsdale Road without one of them mentioning that we are SO close to GIRLY GIRLZ! They offer every kind of girl-themed soirees, from princess tea to rock star parties.
11) Make Meaning and As you Wish are both great locations for a kid’s birthday party. Heck, I wish I could have my birthday party there. We have been to several kids’ birthday parties at both locations and we have quite a ceramic collection to show for it (three kids multiplied by many visits—you do the math).
12) Jambo is an indoor amusement park with an assortment of rides, games, and miniature golf. It is great for all ages and it is air conditioned inside for the hotter months. Yay!