We have a new, fun feature on Scottsdale Moms Blog. We are calling it Sunday Meal Planning Series. We are going to use these Sunday posts to share with you what the SMB contributors are cooking, or what recipes they enjoy. We hope to help you find a few great meals that you can cook for your family. And be sure to check back on Sundays for more meal planning ideas.
Here are three meals my children and husband love (or at least more than one will eat – because if I am honest it is a RARE dinner when everyone is happy).
1) Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders with Sriracha Honey Mustard
Surprising, everyone in my family did love these baked chicken tenders (I doubled the recipe just like the author) and only the adults enjoyed the Sriracha sauce. I made this honey mustard sauce for the kiddos.
2) Cheeseburger Soup
I changed the ingredients to this one a bit ~ see my version below. But you can find the link to the original recipe above. Everyone in the family does love this soup (this is considered a miracle with my kids). And as the weather (hopefully) gets cooler, this will become a staple in my recipe list.
1 pound ground beef
¾ cup chopped onion
¾ cup shredded carrots
¾ cup diced celery
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
4 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups peeled and finely diced potatoes
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1½ cups milk
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground beef in saucepan. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and serve.
3) Best Crispy Lemon Chicken
I love this easy chicken recipe and it reminds me of the lemon chicken recipe my mom made regularly. I omitted the ginger just because it is not one of my favorite flavors unless it is served with sushi. Serve this dish with steamed veggies and it is a complete meal that should please most tastes! The chicken in this dish is fried, but you could use the sauce over grilled or baked chicken too, and I bet it would be delicious (and really, you wouldn’t miss the fried part at all).