Thanks so much to Adventure Trunk for sponsoring this giveaway! I received a box to review for this post, and all opinions are my own. -Sarah
See that dude up there? Too big for a trike, but his feet barely reach those pedals. Old enough to know what he wants (AHEM, three-year-olds, anyone?), but not old enough to have/do so many things. To make matters worse, this one is a lone boy sandwiched between two sisters, one who abandons him and heads off to kindergarten every day and another who delights in wrecking his LEGO creations.
Life is rough on him sometimes, so I was excited to get the chance to review Adventure Trunk’s monthly subscription box designed just for preschoolers. Adventure Trunk’s service sends one box every month full of teacher-approved activities for 2-4 year olds with weekly projects in math, reading, and art.
Our Adventure Trunk arrived packaged beautifully and tied with a ribbon, which made it all the more exciting for my preschooler. We got the box pictured above, with a total of 12 activities – four weeks, each with a math, art, and reading/critical thinking project.
I loved how the projects were individually bagged and labeled, making it easy for me to choose one without getting into all the supplies at once. The instruction booklet guided us through each activity with suggestions for adapting it to my son’s age and ability.
The very best part of our experience with Adventure Trunk was having a special, dedicated activity to do with my preschooler. When you have multiple kids in the house, it’s easy (and often necessary) to lump everybody together when it comes to fun and learning. Since he’s a middle child, that usually means my son is tagging along after an older sister, or doing baby stuff with a much younger one. He absolutely loved knowing this stuff was just for him, and I loved having all the work done ahead of time for me!
And now, the GIVEAWAY!
One lucky SMB reader will win one monthly box from Adventure Trunk ($48 value). I think this would be perfect for:
- a big sibling just getting used to a new baby who needs some special time with mom
- a spring break “curriculum” for preschoolers who will need to keep busy
- a homeschooling family with little ones who want to “do school” alongside older siblings
a “save it for a 115° day” project, looking ahead to our long indoor summers
- supplemental learning or summer break practice for kids just getting ready for preschool or kindergarten
If any of those sound like you or your child, enter to win below! Good luck, and happy learning!
Contest Rules & Entry
* Contest limited to Arizona residents only. One entry per person per method of entry. Be sure to enter a separate comment for each method of entry (one comment for Twitter, one comment for Pinterest, etc.). Winner will be drawn randomly from comments on the post and social media posts and follows will be verified before confirming the winner.
1. COMMENT: Leave a comment below telling us how you would use your Adventure Trunk
2. TWITTER: Follow Scottsdale Moms Blog on Twitter and share the giveaway (you can just copy/paste this message into your tweet or click here to tweet directly – Educational activities for preschoolers! Great #giveaway at @ScottsdaleMoms this week! https://bit.ly/ON22T3. After you’ve followed and tweeted, come back here and leave a comment here saying you did so.
3. PIN IT: Follow Scottsdale Moms Blog and Adventure Trunk on Pinterest, then leave a comment here on the blog letting us know you did.
Giveaway winner will be randomly drawn on Friday, March 7 and will be notified by email. Good luck!
I would love to use my Adventure Trunk with my 3 year old son. If I could get his older siblings to join in….even better!
I would love to use this for my 3 yr old as it is sometimes hard for me to come up with things for us to do with a baby in the mix as well. I’m sure he would love it!
I also went and joined / followed both on Pinterest!
This looks like such a great idea! I love the idea of a monthly craft arriving at my door and my 3 year old would love this while my older is at school!
I follow both companies on pinterest!
With four kids ages four and under, I am always looking for fun and special things to do one on one with our littles. 🙂 this would be perfect for us!
My son is turning 2 this month. I’d love to use Adventure Trunk to have age appropriate things to do with him on the weekends. I’m not one of those creative moms with all the great ideas. I need inspiration!
I pinned it!
Would love to stash this away for a 110 degree day for my three year old.
Would love it to keep my 2 year old entertained with some educational fun!
Comments are closed.