Since it is just the husband, me and the kids this year for Christmas dinner, I decided to order our whole meal from Fresh & Easy. That means no cooking all day for me. (And really the best part is no clean up). Fresh & Easy has these great holiday meals that includes a choice of meat, three or four sides and a pumpkin pie for dessert. The whole meal serves 6-8 people per dinner. They run $50 – $65 depending on what meat you pick. Also the very last day you can order your meal is December 19th!
Last month, I was invited to try the holiday meal entrees and sides at their annual Holiday Party. I was blown away by how good the food was. The cornbread & sausage stuffing was delicious. The butternut squash risotto was my absolute favorite. I don’t know if the kids would eat the risotto, but that just means more for me and my husband! Actually, all the sides were really, really good. I had a hard time deciding which four to get for our dinner.
At the event, we made a couple of different salads with Fresh & Easy products. Here is the recipe for the salad I made. The dressing has blended pear which acts to thicken it up a bit and add a light, fresh flavor. Plus, blue cheese puts it over the top!
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- ½ cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oilextra virgin olive oil⅓
- 3 tablespoons pear nectarpear nectar3
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegarwhite balsamic vinegar1 ½
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juicelemon juice½
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustarddijon mustard¼
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and dividedbartlett pears1
- ½ cup coarsely crumbled blue cheesegorgonzola cheese½
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, add oil, pear nectar, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, ½ pear (diced), blue cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Cut red leaf lettuce into wedges and thinly slice remaining ½ pear lengthwise. Place the lettuce wedges on a salad plate. Top with pear slices, hazelnuts and cranberries.
- Top with dressing and serve.
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
*For full disclosure, I was invited to the Fresh & East event for free as a contributor for Scottsdale Moms Blog and I received a wonderful gift bag filled with Fresh & Easy holiday products. I’ll be paying full-price for my Christmas dinner, however – totally worth it.