Isn’t it inspiring to see how others decorate their homes for the holidays? While lights, trees and ornaments are a very personal thing, often carrying traditions and meaning unique to each family, it’s also fun to see different examples of what ‘decking the halls’ means to others.
And we want to see yours! Your tree, your mantle, your giant light-up Santa on the front lawn: whatever makes holiday decorating uniquely YOU.
That’s why we’re launching the very first SMB Holiday Photo Contest!
Here’s the scoop:
- Email an original photo to [email protected] (scroll down for more on what kind of photos to send)
- Submission deadline is THIS FRIDAY December 9 at 11:59pm
- The SMB team will choose finalists whose photos will be posted on Facebook this weekend…and our readers will vote by “liking” their favorite. If you’re a finalist you can send friends and family to SMB’s Facebook page to “like” your photo.
- A winner (based on the vote count) will be announced on Monday, December 12.
- The winner will receive THREE TICKETS (2 adult/1 child – babies under 18mos are free) to the North Pole Experience on December 17 at 5:30PM! That’s a total value of more than $150!
So about those photos…
- Photos must be of YOUR home/tree/lights and be taken by YOU. This is for fun. Let’s play fair.
- Multiple submissions are acceptable. Please send a separate email for each submission.
- Photos should feature a decorative feature of your home – a Christmas tree, a lovely mantle, a festive front door. While we adore your kiddos and think they’re cute, this contest is (for once!) not about them.
- Photos will be judged both by the quality of the capture and the subject itself. Don’t worry if you aren’t a professional photographer! If your photo is just so-so but your tree is spectacular, you could be in it to win it!