A couple of weeks ago I received an email from a reader new to Arizona. She was looking for things to do with her kids in Arizona. I told her about a couple of places, but since then I keep thinking of more and more places that I should have told her about that offer really great things to do with the family. Duh!
So here is my attempt to redeem myself with a list of 10 fun things to do in the Valley with the kids if you are new to the area or just looking for something new to do!
1) The Phoenix Zoo (maybe obvious to you, but there are always new things going on there, so it is totally worth visiting if you haven’t been in awhile)
2) The McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park– aka The Train Park (I think this is one of the best things we have going on here)
3) The Children’s Museum of Phoenix (so much to do, you can barely fit it in one day)
4) MacDonald’s Ranch (great for the horse-loving little ones)
6) AZ Air Time Trampoline Park (brand new, fun place in Scottsdale)
8) Pack a picnic and check out a new park at www.parkgrades.com (there are so many parks here, we could go to a different one every day of the week, and most are within five or so miles from our house)
9) Visit one of the splash pads (we like Desert Ridge or Scottsdale Quarter)
10) Plan a trip to the play area at the mall (Paradise Valley Mall has a carousel for the kids or Fashion Square Mall has Nordstrom for me. . . . .this is pretty much a tie in my book)