I love Mother’s Day… it really is one of my all-time favorite holidays :). Of course every day is Mother’s Day in our world, but if you want to make May 8 extra special, here are some ideas for all kinds of moms.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We are so excited to be partnering with one of our favorite local photographers, Kimberly Bee of bumble and bloom photography. AND our friends at Sola Coffee Bar to bring you the Momma Photography Workshop!!!
What is the Momma Photography Workshop?
This workshop is geared toward mamas who are interested in learning how to take better photos of their kiddos! We will cover all the nitty gritty technical stuff such as aperature, shutter speed and ISO and how they all work together, as well as tips and techniques for capturing beautiful light and storytelling images.
Note: We will not be addressing business topics or photoshop techniques in this particular workshop.
Momma Photography Workshop
July 14th, 2011
6:00 – 9:30 pm
Sola Coffee Bar
Registration includes one beverage of your choice from Sola.
REGISTER TODAY! Email [email protected]
2. Mom’s Day Off | $0+
I’ll be honest… I LOVE this idea. Every mama could use a little time off, right? And this gift idea can fit all budgets as it can be as little as $0 and as much as $100+. BUT the idea is the same.
Here are some specific ideas:
- Encourage Mom to slip out of the house early in the morning (before the kiddo’s wake up) to go to her favorite coffee shop to read, sip coffee, relax and simply re-energize. I suggest before the kiddo’s wake up solely b/c I’ve done this before and it is sooo refreshing to have a couple of hours in the morning to myself.
- Hire a Cleaning Service to do the much needed deep cleaning in your home. (Be sure to comment below with your cleaning service recommendations)
- Plan to cook a meal (or bring in take out) the evening of May 8th. I’ve even heard that there have been various SMB DADS who have tried guest blogger, Jennifer R’s, Stay In Date Night’s Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe. You can do it!
- Put together a Pool Day Kit (towel, new book, sunscreen, etc) and encourage mom to head to the pool during the afternoon for some much needed R&R (and sun of course). It’s amazing what this will do to the spirit of a mama!
- Shopping Day. Send mom to one of her favorite stores with a gift card in hand and encourage her to buy something for herself. *Be sure she goes out that day and someone else watches the kiddo’s. Hey – it’s Mom’s Day Off, right?! 😉
- Breakfast in Bed/Go out for Breakfast. There really is something about not having to cook breakfast. Every mama could use a little break… especially on May 8th. For Going out for Breakfast idea’s check out our post on GalTime (Phoenix) | Top Five Breakfast Eateries.
- Hire one of our friends at Moxie Girl to come and assist the Mom of the Year in some household tasks. Every mom has a list of things she could use help with whether it’s personal assistance, housekeeping, home organizing, etc.
- Comment below with YOUR ideas b/c certainly this list doesn’t cover all of the options for a “Mom’s Day Off” gift. 🙂
3. Spa Service | $30+
I realize this is an obvious option BUT don’t forget the power of a little R&R. Book a pedicure & manicure for the mom of the day or buy a gift card to your favorite local spa for a facial or massage. Even just an hour away from home will help rejuvenate any mama!
Personally I can attest to the power of a spa service as just a couple weeks back I was treated to a PreNatal Massage at Hand & Stone Massage Scottsdale and it was AWESOME! For just $40 you can book a one hour massage! Pretty good, huh?!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
There really are so many options for Mother’s Day. If you’re looking for even more ideas, be sure to check out one of my favorite Gift Guides from Cool Mom Picks – The 2011 Mother’s Day Gift Guide.
Comment below with your Mother’s Day Gift Ideas! We’d love to hear from you.
Steph is the Co-founder of Scottsdale Moms Blog and Social Media Director for Family Matters. She is mamma to Nora (July 2009) and baby girl #2 (due May 2011) and wife of Alan. She loves shopping for great deals, wearing funky jewery and spending loads of time with friends. Steph gets a kick out of multitasking and loves nothing more than throwing a good party. You are always welcome to e-mail Steph at [email protected].