We’re still in triple digits, but that does not mean we have to stay indoors and miss out on fall fun. Check-out our Arizona Fall Festivals, Farms, Food & Fun guide in the “Phoenix Guides” category of our blog and be sure to pack your camera for great outings with the entire family.
Below are Mom Index’s October Phoenix Area activity and event recommendations:
- Norterra Farmer’s Market: October 6, 2010 3:30pm – 7:30pm on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays through May between Paradise Bakery and P.F. Chang’s. Live music, fresh produce, tamales, Alaskan salmon, beef jerky, salsas, gifts and more. Located just off I-17 at Happy Valley Road.
- Wayne Wilson Children’s Charity Rodeo & Carnival: October 8 – October, 11, 2010 37201 N. 28th St.Cave Creek, AZ.
- Greater Phoenix Greek Festival 2010: October 8 – 10, 2010 Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 11am-10pm, Sunday 11am-8pm. Authentic Greek food, drinks, pastries, village market, art, jewelry, music, Greek dancing, Children’s rides and activities. Admission $2/person, children under 12 Free, Free admission for seniors 60+ on Saturday & Sunday opening-3pm. Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Community Center 1973 E. Maryland (602) 264-2791. Parking – Charles Schwab 24th St. & Lincoln, Free bus shuttle every 15 minutes. $5 charge to park in church lot.
- Railfair at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park: October 9-10, 2010 10am-5pm Free Event. Model train displays and exhibits, moonwalks, and other entertainment. Free tours through the Roald Amundsen Pullman car, a former presidential car. Train ride $2.00 & carousel ride is $1.00 each. Children under age 3 ride free with a paying adult. 7301 E. Indian Bend Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85250, 480.312.2312.
- The Cupcake Love-In 2010: October 10, 2010 11am-3pm $10 in advance, $15.00 at the door, Children under 6 FREE! Event will raise funds for Singleton Moms and Safe Haven for Animals rescue. 480-363-2859 or 602-376-902. Cupcake sampling from local bakeries, cupcakeries, restaurants and pastry chefs, Cupcake Judging Competition, Kid’s Decorating Station, Cupcake Eating Contest, Photo Booth, raffle & door prizes, Locals Only Phoenix Webcast. Hotel Valley Ho 6850 East Main Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85251.
- 5th Annual Wild Western Festival: October 15 – 17, 2010 10am-6pm. Celebrating Glendale’s centennial. The new home for one of the biggest events in the Southwest and called “Arizona’s answer to a Wild West Renaissance Festival” by the Associated Press. Experience 17 acres of Best in the West family fun and entertainment for all ages. Sahuaro Ranch Historic Park – 9802 North 59th Avenue.
- Chandler’s Day of Play: October 16, 2010 8am-Noon. Spend the morning at Tumbleweed Park as the City of Chandler promotes heath, wellness, and fitness for kids of all ages. Free activities for kids and parents can explore the various booths on health, wellness, and fitness.
- Farmers Market at CityCenter of CityNorth®: October 17, 2010 10am-2pm. Edible selections and family fun. October 17: Harvest & Halloween, November 21: Give Thanks, December 19: Winter Holly Days. CityCenter of CityNorth® is located near the intersection of two major freeways, Loop 101 and State Route 51 in Phoenix.
- Boo! at the PHX Zoo: 9am-4pm. October 23-24, 2010 Children ages 7 & under. Explore Harmony Farm as it’s transformed into a fall-festival including games and activities, watch elephants, tortoises, monkeys and other animals, enjoy pumpkins throughout the Zoo and look for fun and festive photo opportunities in the pumpkin patch. 455 North Galvin Parkway Phoenix, AZ 85008.
- Scottsdale Fall Festival: October 31, 2010 6pm-9pm – Free Event. Eldorado Park Ball Fields, 1909 N. Miller Rd. Scottsdale’s annual Fall Festival. Take a trip through the Haunted Forest, win candy at the game booths and enter into one of the many competitions for costumes and pumpkins. Fireworks show at the end of the evening. (480) 312-0217 or email [email protected]daleaz.gov.
Join Mom Index – It’s Free! and become part of our online community. In addition to offering a great events calendar, Mom Index keeps you informed about everything related to living and raising kids in the Valley of the Sun. Visit our sites including our Facebook page for tips, articles, recipes, classifieds, freebies and more. Or follow us on Twitter: @momindex!
Allison Small is the founder and owner of Mom Index, the premier online resource for the Valley. As a mother of three children ages 2, 5 & 7, she is passionate about sharing everything she has learned about motherhood and raising children in the Valley of the Sun. Since launching Mom Index in February 2010, Allison has added a blog and continues to support our local communities and to provide everyday parenting solutions in an eco-friendly, practical and fun environment. To contact Allison, email [email protected] or call 480-277-4761.